Computational fluid dynamics, Traffic flow modeling,Finite Element Method, Discontinuous Gelerkin Method
Contact No.: +91-8591686627
- Assistant Professor, School of Mathematics, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala from July 2015 to till date.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, DAV University, Jalandhar from August 2014 to July 2015.
- Post-Doctoral Research at School of Mathematical Science, University of Science & Technology of China (USTC), Hefei, China from Dec, 2011 to Jan 2014.
- Assistant Professor in Mathematics group, Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS)Pilani, Rajasthan from July 2006 to Dec, 2011.
- Seed grand project "Lattice Hydrodynamic Model for Traffic Flow"
- A DST Fast track project titled, “High Order Discontinuous Gelerkin Method for Unsteady Incompressible Navier-Stokes Equation: Analysis and Simulation”, (2015-2018).
- A UK-India Education and Research Initiative titled, “A collaborative research framework for structures subjected to extreme loads”, (2012-2015).
- A project titled, “High resolution numerical methods for oblique shock wave hitting a slope wedge” by China scientific universities scientific fund, (2013 -2015).
Membership of Professional Institutions, Associations, Societies
Publications and other Research Outputs SCI(15) Non-SCI (2)
a) Papers in refereed international journals
- Ramanpreet Kaur., Sapna Sharma.,"Analysis of driver’s characteristics on a curved road in a lattice model" Physica A, 471, 59-67,2017
- S. Sharma, "Modeling and analyses of driver's characteristics in a traffic system with passing" Nonlinear Dynamics, 86(3), 2093–2104, 2016. (Impact factor – 1.722)
- S.Rawat., R.Bhargava and S.Sharma "Sensitivity Analysis of pulatile hydromagnetic biofluid flow and heat transfer with nonlinear darcy- Forchheimer drag" Journal of Applied Fluid Mechanics, 9(3),2016. (Impact factor – .746)
- S. Sharma, “Effect of driver’s anticipation in a new two-lane lattice model with the consideration of optimal current difference”, Nonlinear Dynamics, 81, 991-1003. 2015 (Impact factor - 2.419)
- S. Sharm, “Lattice hydrodynamic modeling of two-lane traffic flow with timid and aggressive driving behavior”, Physica A, 421, 401–411, 2015. (Impact factor – 1.722)
- A. K. Gupta, S. Sharma, P. Redhu, “Effect of multi-phase optimal velocity function on jamming transition in a lattice hydrodynamic model with passing”. Nonlinear Dynamics, 80(3), 1091-1108,2015. (Impact factor - 2.419)
- A. K. Gupta, S. Sharma, P. Redhu, "Analyses of lattice traffic flow model on a gradient SCI-12 Non-SCI- 2 highway",Communication in theoretical Physics, 62, 393 2014. (Impact factor – 1.049)
- A. K. Gupta and S. Sharma, “Analysis of wave properties of a new two-lane continuum model with consideration of the coupling effect”, Chinese Physics B, 21(1) 015201, 2012. (Impact factor - 2.103)
- A. K. Gupta and S. Sharma, “Nonlinear analysis of traffic jams in an anisotropic continuum model”, Chinese Physics B, 19(11), 110503,2010 (Impact Factor: 2.103).
- R. Bhargava, O. Anwar Bég, S. Sharma, J. Zueco, “Finite element study of nonlinear two- dimensional deoxygenated biomagnetic micropolar flow”, Commun Nonlinear Sci Numer Simulat, 15, 1210–1223, 2010 (Impact factor - 2.697)
- R. Bhargava, S. Sharma, H. S. Takhar, O. A. Bég, P. Bhargava, “Numerical solutions for micropolar transport phenomena over a nonlinear stretching sheet”, Nonlinear Analysis: Modelling and Control, 12(1), 45- 63.2008 (Impact factor -.952)
- R. Bhargava, S. Sharma, P. Bhargava, and H. S. Takhar, “MHD heat and mass transfer of micropolar fluid flow over a stretching sheet”, International Journal of Fluid Mechanics Research, 34(1), 79-97.2007.
- O. Anwar Bég, H. S. Takhar, R. Bhargava, S. Sharma and T.-K. Hung, 2007, “Mathematical modeling of biomagnetic flow in a micropolar fluid-saturated Darcian porous medium”, International Journal of Fluid Mechanics Research, 34(5), 403-424. 2007.
- R. Bhargava, S. Sharma, H. S. Takhar, T. A. Bég, O. A. Bég and T. K. Hung, 2006, “Peristaltic pumping of micropolar fluid in porous channel –model for stenoesed arteries ”, J. of Biomechanics, 39, S649.
a) Papers in conference proceedings
- S. Sharma & Siddharth Sharma, "Numerical Simulation of Heat & Mass Transfer of Micropolar Fluid in an Axisymmetric Stagnation Flow with variable Thermal Conductivity" in Proc. Int. Conf. on Fluid Dynamics and its Applications held in B.N.M. Institute of Technology, Bangalore, India during, July 20-22, 2011.
- S. Sharma and A. K. Gupta, 2009, “Numerical simulation of heat transfer of nanofluids in an enclosure”, 7 th International Conference on Computational Fluid Dynamics in the Minerals and Process Industries held at Melbourne, Australia from 9-11 December 2009.
- R. Bhargava, S. Sharma, and H. S. Takhar, 2007, “Double diffusive natural convection heat and mass transfer in micropolar fluid in a rectangular porous enclosure”, 18 th national and 7 th ISHMT/ASME HMTC 2006, Heat and Mass transfer Conference, IIT Gowahati.
- R. Bhargava, S. Sharma, H. S. Takhar , Tasveer A. Bégd, O. Anwar Bég and T. K. Hung, 2006, “Peristaltic pumping of micropolar fluid in porous channel –model for stenoesed arteries”, 5 th World Congress of Biomechanics Munich, Germany from 4-6 Jan, 2006.
b) Papers presented in conferences but not
- S. Sharma, "Modeling of driver’s characteristics in a two-lane Lattice hydrodynamic traffic flow model", 8th International Congress on Industrial and Applied Mathematics (ICIAM 2015) at Beijing, China during 10-14 August 2015.
- Presented a paper entitled “A finite element study of natural convection of nanofluids in an enclosure” in IMST 2009 - FIM XVIII in Jay Pee University, Solan during 2 nd -4 th August 2009.
- Presented a paper entitled “Finite element modeling of laminarm Micropolar heat and species transfer over a perforated streaching sheet”, 3 rd MIT Conference on Computational and Fluid Mechanics 2005, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, USA.
- Presented a paper entitled “Numerical solutions for micropolar transport phenomena over a nonlinear stretching sheet” in IMS – 05 in the Department of Mathematics, IIT Roorkee from Dec 26-29, 2005.
- Presented a paper entitled “Heat and mass transfer of micropolar fluid on a stretching sheet by using finite element method” National conference on mathematical modeling and analysis” at BITS Pilani on Oct 08 – 09, 2004.
Awards and Honours
- CAS (Chinese Academy of science) fellowship for doing Postdoc at USTC China (2012-2014)
- Qualified GATE-2002 in Mathematical Sciences with percentile 89.09.
- Awarded the Shri Guru Pitajee Maharaj Memorial Gold Medal for best student of the college in M.Sc. (Maths) in second year examination for the year 2000 at C.C.S University, Meerut.
- Awarded the Smt. Krishna Memorial Gold Medal for best student of M.A.\M.Sc. (Maths) scoring highest marks in second year examination for the year 2000 at C.C.S University, Meerut.
- Awarded the Pt Balram Pandey Memorial Gold Medal for best PG student of Science faculty M.Sc. (Maths) for the year 2000 at C.C.S University, Meerut.
Assistant Warden of the Sarojini Bhawan, IIT Roorkee during 2004-05
Description of Research Interests
I am working on Comutational Fluid dynamics, Traffic flow modeling and Numerical Methods for Partial differential equations.