Structural Behaviour of Reinforced Concrete Structures, Concrete Technology and Sustainable Cement-based Materials
Shakeel Ahmad Waseem is an Assistant Professor at the Dept. of Civil Engineering,Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology since June 2017. He obtained his B-Tech in Civil Engineering from Govt. College of Engineering and Technology Jammu and M. Tech. in Structural Dynamics from Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee. Shakeel joined structural engineering research group at Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee, India for PhD and obtained his PhD on “Shear Friction in RCA Concrete” in April, 2017. He has extensive experience in experimental testing of reinforced concrete structures. He has a keen interest in the design of reinforced concrete structures. His research areas include structural behaviour of reinforced concrete structures, concrete technology and sustainable cement-based materials. He is currently involved in supervision of several masters’ students.
- Structural Behaviour of Reinforced Concrete
- Sustainable Cement-Based Materials
- Recycled Aggregate Concrete
- Waseem SA and Singh B (2016) Shear transfer strength of normal and high-strength recycled aggregate concrete–An experimental investigation. Construction and Building Materials, 125: 29-40.
- Waseem SA and Singh B. Shear transfer in recycled aggregate concrete. ACI Structural Journal, (In press).
- Waseem SA and Singh B. Shear transfer in normal and in high-strength recycled aggregate concrete, ASTM Journal of Testing and Evaluation, (In press).
- Waseem SA and Singh B. Shear strength of interfaces in natural and in recycled aggregate concrete, Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering. (In Press)
- Shejwadkar N, Singh B and Waseem SA (2016) Shear friction in recycled aggregate concrete. Journal of Sustainable Cement-Based Materials, 5: 1-20.
- Kumar S, Mukhopadhyay T, Waseem SA, Singh B and Iqbal MA (2016) Effect of Platen Restraint on Stress-Strain Behavior of Concrete Under Uniaxial Compression: A Comparative Study. Strength of Materials, 48(4): 592-602.
- Waseem SA and Singh B. Strut-and-tie model for shear strength of push-off specimens, Structures and Buildings. http://dx.doi.org/10.1680/jstbu.16.00027.
- Waseem SA and Singh B. Interface shear capacity of recycled aggregate concrete - An experimental study. Structural Concrete
- Anuj S, Waseem SA and Singh B. Effect of the Strength of Parent Concrete on the Mechanical Properties of Recycled Aggregate Concrete, Alexandria Engineering Journal.
- Swathy, M, Waseem SA and Singh B. Comparative Toughness Evaluation of Steel Fibre Reinforced Concrete, Construction and Building Materials.
- Kumar S, Singh B, Waseem SA, and Iqbal MA (2016) Effect of Anti-Friction Media on Platen Restraint in Uniaxial Compression Tests: A Comparative Study. In Proceedings of International Conference on Concrete Research Driving Profit and Sustainability, UKIERI Concrete Congress, 2-5 November, 2015, Dr. B.R. Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar.
- Advances in Structural Engineering
- Case Studies in Construction Materials