Digital Image Processing, Information Security
- M.Sc. (Mathematics) from Kurukshetra University, in 1998
- M. Tech. (CSE) from GJU Hisar, in 2000.
- Ph. D. from Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, in 2013.
Total Experience (Teaching/Industrial): 13 Years
- Software Engineer (Research & Development), Excel Computer Services, New Delhi, 16 Dec, 2000 to 08 July, 2002.
- Lecturer, Department of Computer Science and Applications, DAV Centenary College, Faridabad, 09 July, 2002 to 11 August, 2003.
- Lecturer, School of Mathematics and Comp uter Applications, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, 12 August, 2003 to 31 Dec, 2005 Assistant Professor, School of Mathematics and Computer Applications, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, 01 Jan, 2006 to till date
- Languages : C, C++, Java
- Server Side Programming : ASP 3.0, JSP, Servlets EJB, Hibernate
- RDBMS : SQLServer, Oracle
- Package : MATLAB
Papers taught at the Post Graduate & Graduate Level
- J2EE and Applications
- ERP and Tools
- Computer Networks
- Network Programming
- C and Data Structure
- System programming
- Advanced Java and Network Programming
- Wireless Networks and Mobile Computing
- Singara Singh, R. K. Sharma and M. K. Sharma, “ Use of W avelet T ransform Extension for Graphics Image Compression using JPEG2000 standard”, International Journal of Image Processing, pp . 55 - 60, Vol. 3, Issue 1, 2009.
- Chandan Singh, and Singara Singh, “Recent Advances and New Trends in Image and Video Compression”, Nationa l Conference on RAFIT, pp. 47 - 50,2 - 3 March, 2005, Punjabi University, Patiala.
- Singara Singh, Dr, R.K. Sharma and Dr. M.K. Sharma, “Performance analysis of edge adaptive wavelet transform for image compression”, pp. 54 - 55, 11 th Punjab Science Congress, 07 - 08 March, 2008, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology Patiala .
- Singara Singh, R. K. Sharma and M. K. Sharma, “Weighted Bit Rate Allocation in JPEG2000 Tile Encodin g”, IJCSI Volume 8, Issue 5, 2011.
- Singara Singh, R. K. Sharma and M. K. Sharma, “ Post Processing Technique to Reduce Tile Boundary Artifacts in JPEG2000 Compressed Images ”, International Journal of Multimedia and its Applications, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 127 - 136, 2012.
- Singara Singh, R. K. Sharma and M. K. Sharma, “ Efficient Rate Control Approach for JPEG2000 Image Coding ”, Journal of Electronic Imaging, Volume 21 (3) , pp. 033004(1 - 8), 2012. ( doi:10.1117/1.JEI.21.3.033004).
- Parminder kaur and Singara Singh, Mod ified EDCA Approach to Improve Quality of Services in WLAN, International Journal of Advances in Computer Networks and its Security, Vol. 2, Issue 2, pp. 72 - 79. 2012
- Parminder kaur and Singara Singh, Quality of Service: MAC Protocol in IEEE 802.11 WLAN, International Journal of Advances in Computer Networks and its Security, Vol. 2, Issue 2, pp. 80 - 84. 2012.
- AICTE sponsored SDP on “Object Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming using C++/ Java” from June 07 - 18, 2004, TIET Patiala.
- UGC Refresher course on “Automated Software Development” Dec 04 - 23, 2006, TIET Patiala.
- UGC sponsored course on “Multiling ual Techniques”, Nov. 11 - 17, 201 3, Punjabi University, Patiala 12 .
- N umerical A nalysis LAB Incharge, from 31 January, 2005 to 31 July, 2007.
- Cocoordinator, Time Table committee, from 31 January, 2005 to 31 July, 2007.
- Co - Coordinator, SDP, from 31 July, 2007 to July, 2010 .
- ISO Coo rdinator, J uly 2010 to 2012.
- PG Coor dinator, July 2011 to till date.
- Placement Council Member, July 2011 to till date
Theses Guided : Completed – 11 , Ongoing - 04
- An Adaptive Zooming Algorithm for Images M. Tech. 2009
- Improved Edge Detection for Digital Images M. Sc. 2009
- Mathematical Properties of Wavelet Filters M. Sc. 2009
- Artifacts Removal and Reduction of Blocking Effects in DCT - based Images M. Tech. 2012
- Modified EDCA Procedure to Improve the Quality of Services in WLAN M. Tech. 2012
- Hybrid Edge Detection Technique for Digital Images M. Tech. 2012
- Capacity and Quality Enhancement in Image Steganography using Discrete Wavelet Transform M. Tech. 2012
- Super Ellipse Window based Image Zooming Algorithm M. Tech. 2013
- Image Steganography using pixel value difference M. Tech. 2013
- Genetic and Heuristic Algorithms for Facility Location Problem M. Tech. 2013
- Genetic and Heuristic Algorithms for Fire station Location Problem M. Tech. 2013