Dr. Smarajit Ghosh is currently Professor in the Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala. Dr.Ghosh obtained his Ph.D. in 2000 from IIT, Kharagpur. Dr. Ghosh has about seventeen and half years of teaching experience. His current area of research interest includesLoad flow study, network reconfiguration, soft computing, HUD and ANC.
||Electrical Machines and Power Systems
||19/05/1999 to 23/12/2000
||26/12/2000 to 17/05/2006
||29/05/2006 to 27/07/2007
|Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala
||01/08/2007 to till
Certifications or professional registrations
- Fellow of IETE
- Fellow IE
- Life Member of ISTE
List of Publications
- Rajnibala and Smarajit Ghosh, Optimal Position and Rating of DG in Distribution Networks by ABC-CS from Load Flow Solutions Illustrated by Fuzzy-PSO,” Neural Computing and Applications (Paper Number: NCAA-D-16-00863R3), DOI: 10.1007/s00521-017-3084-7.
- Manvir Kaur and Smarajit Ghosh, “Network Reconfiguration of Unbalanced Distribution Networks using Fuzzy-Firefly Algorithm”, Applied Soft Computing, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/doi:10.1016/j.asoc.2016.09.019 (ASOC 3818) ((Impact Factor: 2.857).
- Vinod Karar, Divya Agrawal and Smarajit Ghosh, "Intuitive approach towards detection of attention tunneling while using a head-up display," Chinese Optics Letters, Volume 13, Issue 8, 081201(2015). (Impact Factor: 1.851).
- Vinod Karar and Smarajit Ghosh, “Attention Tunneling: Effects of Limiting Field of View due to Beam Combiner Frame of Head-up Display,” IEEE/OSA Journal of Display Technology, Vol. 10, No. 7, pp 582-589, July 2014.(Impact Factor: 1.69)
- Vinod Karar and Smarajit Ghosh, “Estimation of Tunneling Effect due to Luminance Non-uniformity in head-up Displays,” Chinese Optics Letters, Volume 12, Issue 1, 013301(2014.(Impact Factor: 1.851).
- Kultar Deep Singh and Smarajit Ghosh, “Voltage stability index and Line load ability index for Radial Power Distribution Networks,” International Review of Electrical Engineering (IREE), Vol.6, No.7, December 2011, Part B. (Impact Factor: 1.364).