Nonlinear Optics, Photonics, Soliton Theory, Singular Optics.
Dr. Soumendu Jana is an Associate Professor at School of Physics and Materials Science, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala. He finished his Ph.D. in 2008 from Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra (BIT). He worked with the CNQO group at University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK, during his BOYSCAST postdoctoral fellowship tenure. Dr Jana’s research interest includes nonlinear optics, photonics and nonlinear dynamics and Laser. He is a Visvesvaraya Young Faculty Research Fellow.
Moving And Colliding Cavity Solitons and Cavity Soliton Molecules, Funded by UGC-BSR, 2012-2014.
Membership of Professional Institutions, Associations, Societies
Publications and other Research Outputs
- Baldeep Kaur, Soumendu Jana. "Generation and dynamics of one-and two-dimensional cavity solitons in a vertical-cavity surface-emitting laser with a saturable absorber and frequency-selective feedback." JOSA B 34 (7)1374-1385(2017).
- GS Parmar, S Jana, BA Malomed, Dissipative soliton fiber lasers with higher-order nonlinearity, multiphoton absorption and emission, and random dispersion, JOSA B 34 (4), 850-860 (2017)
- B Kaur, A Mittal, P Wypych, SS Mallick, S Jana, On developing improved modelling and scale-up procedures for pneumatic conveying of fine powders, Powder Technology 305, 270-278 (2017).
- Anu Mittal, Baldeep Kaur; Soumya S Mallick, Renhu Pan, Soumendu Jana, Numerical Simulation of Fluidized Dense-Phase Pneumatic Conveying of Powders towards Developing Improved Model for Solids Friction Factor,
Particuology (in Press) 2017
- Kadam Bhambri , Gurkirpal Singh , Neena Gupta, Debabrata Deb , Soumendu Jana, Dispersion Managed Dissipative Solitons with Higher Order Nonlinearity and Frequency-Selective Feedback, Optical and Quantum Electronics (in press) 2017.
- Soumendu Jana, Shivani, Gurkirpal Singh Parmar, Baldeep Kaur, Qin Zhou, Anjan Biswas, Milivoj Belic, Evolution of bell-shaped dissipative optical solitons from super-gaussian pulse in parabolic law medium with bandwidth limited amplification, Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials â€“ Rapid Communications,10(3-4), 143-150, 2016
- Baldeep Kaur, Soumendu Jana, Qin Zhou, Anjan Biswas, Milivoj Belic, Bright and exotic solitons in laser cavity with frequency selective feedback, J. of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials, 18 (5-6), 428-434 (2016)
- Baldeep Kaur, Soumendu Jana, A generic travelling wave solution in dissipative laser cavity, Pramana, 87 (4), 53, (2016)
- GS Parmar, S Jana, Bistable dissipative soliton in cubic-quintic nonlinear medium with multiphoton absorption and gain dispersion, JEMWA, 29, 1410-1429 (2015)
- Soumendu Jana, AjitpalSingh, K.Porsezian, T.Mithun, Self-trapped elliptical super-Gaussian beam in cubicâ€“quintic media, Optics Communications, 332, 311-320 (2014)
- Soumendu Jana and S. Konar, Far-Field Spectral Behaviour and Spectral Switching of Super Gaussian Pulses, Optics Communications 281, 1197-1202 ( 2008).
- Soumendu Jana, S. Konarand Manoj Mishra, Soliton Switching in Fiber-Coupler with Periodically Modulated Dispersion, Coupling Constant Dispersion and Cubic Quintic Nonlinearity,Z.Naturforsch. A 63a, 145-151 (2008).
- Soumendu Jana and S. Konar, A New Family of Thirring Type Optical Spatial Solitons via Electromagnetic Induced Transparency, Physics Letters A 362, 435-438 (2007).
- S. Konar, M. Mishra and Soumendu Jana , Nonlinear Evolution of cosh-Gaussian Laser Beams and Generations of Flat Top Spatial Solitons in Cubic Quintic Nonlinear Media, Physics Letters A 362, 505-510 (2007).
- S. Konar, Soumendu Jana and Shwetanshumala, Incoherently coupled screening photovoltaic spatial solitons in a biased photovoltaic photo refractive crystals, Optics Communications 273, 324 -333 (2007).
- S. Konar, Soumendu Jana and Woo-Pyo Hong, Two-Component Spatial Holographic Solitons Supported by Cross Phase Modulation, Physica Scripta 76, 470-474 ( 2007).
- Soumendu Jana and S. Konar, Tunable Spectral Switching in the Far Field With a Chirped cosh-Gaussian Pulse, Optics Communications 267, 24 -31 ( 2006).
- S. Konar, Manoj Mishra and Soumendu Jana, The Effect of Quintic Nonlinearity on the Propagation Characteristics of Dispersion Managed Optical Solitons, Chaos Soliton and Fractals29 (4), 823-828( 2006) .
- Shwetanshumala, Soumendu Jana and S.Konar, Propagation of a mixture of modes of a laser beam in a medium with saturable nonlinearity, J. Electromagnetic Waves and Applications20, 2193-2205 ( 2006).
- S. Konar, Soumendu Jana and Manoj Mishra, Induced Focusing and All Optical Switching in Cubic Quintic Nonlinear Media, Optics Communications 255, 114-129 ( 2005).
- S. Konar, Manoj Mishra and S.Jana , Dispersion managed Optical Solitons With Higher Order Nonlinearity, Fiber and Integrated Optics24, 537-548 ( 2005).
- S. Konarand Soumendu Jana, Nonlinear Propagation of a Mixture of TEM00 and TEM01 Modes of a Laser Beam in a Cubic Quintic Medium; Physica Scripta71,198-203 ( 2005).
- Soumendu Jana and S. Konar, Induced Focusing of Two Laser Beams in Cubic Quintic Nonlinear Media, Physica Scripta 70, 354 (2004).
- S. Konar and Soumendu Jana, Linear and Nonlinear Propagation of sinh-Gaussian pulses in dispersive media possessing Kerr Nonlinearity, Optics Communication 236, 7-20 (2004).
- Soumendu Jana and S. Konar,Stable and Quasistable Spatiotemporal Solitons in Cubic Quintic Nonlinear Media, J. of Nonlinear Optical Physics & Materials13, 25-36 (2004).
Awards and Honours:
Description of Research Interests
Soliton, Photonics, Nonlinear optics, Nonlinear Dynamics, Optical information technology