Dr. Trishna Choudhury is working with CED Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala since December 2018. She has completed her PhD degree in Structural Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati in August 2018. Her research interests include Earthquake Resistant Design of Structures, Structural Damage Assessment, Seismic Risk and Vulnerability Assessment, Performance and Nonlinear Behavior Assessment of Reinforced Concrete Buildings.
- Ph.D. (IIT Guwahati) in Structural Engineering, Department of Civil Engineering
- B.E. in Civil Engineering / Assam Engineering College, Guwahati, Assam / First class (85%)
Experience: Total Teaching Experience 2 years 2.5 months
- August 2010 – July 2012: Lecturer in the Department of Civil Engineering, Royal School of Engineering and Technology (Royal Group of Institutions).
- August 2017 – November 2017: Junior Research Fellow (JRF-GATE) in the project titled “Evaluation and Enhancement of Seismic Capacity of Assam-type Housing” in the Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati.
- December 2018 – Present: Assistant Professor in the Department of Civil Engineering, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala, Punjab.
- Structural Dynamics
- Earthquake Engineering
- Seismic Analysis and Design of Structures
- Probability Concepts in Fragility Analysis
- Earthquake Resistant Design of Structures
- Structural Damage Assessment
- Seismic Risk and Vulnerability Assessment
- Performance and Nonlinear Behavior Assessment of Buildings
- Choudhury, T., and Kaushik, H. B., (2018) “Seismic Response Sensitivity to Uncertain Variables in RC Frames with Infill Walls” Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 144(10): 04018184, October, DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)ST.1943-541X.0002190. [SCI Impact Factor 2.021].
- Choudhury, T., and Kaushik, H. B., (2018), "Component Level Fragility Estimation for Vertically Irregular Reinforced Concrete Frames", Journal of Earthquake Engineering, Taylor & Francis, https://doi.org/10.1080/13632469.2018.1453413.
- Choudhury, T., and Kaushik, H. B., (2018), “Seismic Fragility of Open Ground Storey RC Frames with Wall Openings for Vulnerability Assessment”, Engineering Structures, Vol 155, 15 January 2018, Elsevier, pp. 345-357, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2017.11.023.
- Choudhury, T., and Kaushik, H.B., (2015), "Vulnerability Analysis of Buildings for Seismic Risk Assessment: A Review", The Bridge and Structural Engineer, The journal of the Indian National Group (ING) of International Association for Bridge and Structural Engineering (IABSE), 45(1), March 2015, pp. 63-76.
- Choudhury, T., and Kaushik, H.B. (2018), “Seismic Fragility Flow Plots for Risk Assessment of Reinforced Concrete Buildings with Open Ground Storey”, CESDOC 2018, 2nd International Conference on Sustainability, 18-19 December, Guwahati, Assam.
- Choudhury, T., and Kaushik, H.B. (2017), “A Simplified Method for Seismic Vulnerability Assessment of RC Buildings with Open Ground Storey”, Proceedings of the 16th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, 9-13 January 2017, Paper No. 1684, Santiago, Chile.
- Choudhury, T., and Kaushik, H.B. (2015), “Seismic Fragility of Masonry Infilled Reinforced Concrete Frames with Open Ground Story”, Proceedings of 12th International Conference on Vibration Problems (ICOVP), December 14-17, 2015, Paper No. O0202, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Assam, India.
- Choudhury, T., and Kaushik, H.B. (2019), “Purview of Nonlinear Static and Dynamic Analysis Procedures on Seismic Fragility Estimation of RC Buildings with Masonry Infills”, National Conference on Advances in Structural Technologies, Department of Civil Engineering, National Institute of Technology (NIT) Silchar, INDIA – 788010.
- Choudhury, T., and Kaushik, H.B. (2018), “Sensitivity Study of Seismic Response of MI-RC Frames to Critical Random Parameters”, 16th Symposium on Earthquake Engineering, 20-22 December 2018, IIT Roorkee, India.
- Choudhury, T., and Kaushik, H.B. (2016), “Seismic Fragility of Reinforced Concrete Frames with Vertical Irregularities”, Proceedings of Structural Engineering Convention (SEC-2016), 21-23 December 2016, Paper ID 469, CSIR-SERC, Chennai, India.
- Choudhury, T., and Kaushik, H.B. (2018), Seismic Fragility of Reinforced Concrete Frames with Vertical Irregularities in Recent Advances in Structural Engineering, Volume – 2, ISBN: 978-981-13-0364-7, Ramanjaneyulu, K. and Rao, A. R. M. (Editors), Springer.
Achievement, Awards and Recognitions
- Ranked among top 1/8th of total candidates in India in four subjects in All India Senior Secondary examination in the year 2004 from Kendriya Vidyalaya CRPF, Guwahati.
- Star marks awardee in Higher Secondary examination in the year 2006 from Cotton College.
- Ranked 2nd in Gauhati University (B.E. Civil Engineering), Assam in the year 2010.
- Received Government of India (MHRD) scholarship during Ph.D. program at IIT Guwahati.
- 1st runners up in poster presentation in Research Conclave’16 held at Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati in the year 2016.
Message to Students & Community
Never Give Up