Dr. Vikram chopra has joined TIET Patiala in June 2009 in the Electrical & Instrumentation Department. He has a keen interest in the modeling and control of nonlinear dynamical systems. His current area of research includes the application of Artificial Neural Networks and Robust control techniques in power system and process control problems.
- Ph.D from Thapar University Patiala, Punjab
- M. Tech in Electrical Engineering (Control Systems) from National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra
- B.Tech in Electrical Engineering from M.D.U Rohtak
Experience: Total Teaching Experience 10 years plus
- June 2009 to till date: T.I.E.T. Patiala
- Control Systems
- Artificial Intelligent Techniques and Applications
- Measurement Science & Techniques
- Optimal & Robust control
- Instrumentation system Design
- System modeling and control
- Application of Intelligent controllers in power system problems
- Adaptive control of nonlinear systems
Journals and Conferences
- Pankaj Jood, S.K. Agarwal, Vikram Chopra, “Performance assessment of neuro fuzzy load frequency controller in the presence of system non-linearities and renewable penetration”. Computers and Electrical Engineering, Vol. 74, pp. 362-378, 2019.
- Shubham Goel, Ravinder Kumar, Munish Kumar, Vikram Chopra, “ An efficient page ranking approach based on vector norms using sNorm (p) algorithm”. Information Processing and Management, Vol. 56, pp. 1053-1066, 2019.
- Vikram Chopra, Sunil K Singla, Lillie Dewan, “Stabilization of an X-Y inverted pendulum using adaptive gain scheduling PID controllers”. Journal of Engineering Research (Springer) Vol. 3, No. 2. pp. 59-78, 2015.
- Vikram Chopra, Sunil K Singla, Lillie Dewan, “Comparative Analysis of Tuning a PID Controller using Intelligent Methods”. Acta Polytechnica Hungarica, Vol. 11, No.8, pp. 235-249, 2014, IEEE Hungry Section.
- R. Kumar, S.K. Singla, V. Chopra, “Comparison among some well known control schemes with different tuning methods”. Journal of Applied Research & Technology, Vol. 13, No.2, pp.409-415, 2013, Elsevier.
- Ishan Chawla, Vikram Chopra, Ashish Singla, “Performance comparison of PID and ANFIS controller for stabilization of x and x-y Inverted pendulums, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing (Springer), Vol. 1, 2018, Chennai, India
- Ishan Chawla, Vikram Chopra, Ashish Singla, “ Robust LQR based ANFIS control of x-z inverted pendulum”, AICAI 2019, Amity University, Dubai.
- Pankaj Jood, S.K. Aggarwal, Vikram Chopra, Impact of storage device on Load frequency control of a two-arearenewable penetrated power system, PICON 2018, NIT Kurukshetra.
- Pankaj Jood, S.K. Aggarwal, Vikram Chopra ,Impact of intermittent wind and solar resources on the dynamics of power system under different loading conditions, , INDICON-17, IIT Roorkee
- Software implementation of spwm and svpwm control for 3 phase inverter, Shakti Singh, Sarath Babu Duvvuri ,Vikram chopra, International Conference on Electrical, Computer,Electronics and Communication Engineering (WASET, 2011), Paris, France.
Project Completed “Modelling and Control of Different Type of Inverted Pendulums in the Presence of Uncertainties” funded by Thapar University vide grant no. TU/DORSP/57/426, 28-03-2017 of amount Rs 300,000.