Manufacturing engineering and material sciences
- PhD (Metallurgical Engineering and Materials Science)
- M.E. (Computer Integrated Manufacturing)
- B.E. (Mechanical Engineering)
Experience: Total Experience 1.4 years
- M/s. Pipavav Shipyard Limited, Designation – Shipbuilding engineer SKIL House, 209, Bank Street Cross Lane, Fort, Mumbai – 400 023. (Responsibility – Offshore business development, project management and procurement)
- Advanced manufacturing process
- Manufacturing technology
- Advanced material science
- Engineering mechanics
- Microstructure design for obtaining desired physical properties
- Non ferrous materials
- Nano Composites
- Electron Microscopy (EBSD, SEM, TEM)
- N. Harshavardhana, N. R. Gorhe, J. Freudenberger, M. P. Gururajan , P. Pant, "Comparison of room temperature and cryo-deformation effects on mechanical properties and microstructure of copper” published in Transactions of the Indian Institute of Metals (2015) 68 (Suppl 2):S131–S135
- N. Harshavardhana, M. P. Gururajan, and P. Pant, “Obtaining high strength and high conductivity copper during Low percentage deformation followed by annealing" (manuscript under preparation)
- N. Harshavardhana, M. P. Gururajan, and P. Pant, "Effect of annealing time on microstructure and properties of pure copper" (manuscript under preparation)
- N. Harshavardhana, J. Freudenberger, M. P. Gururajan, and P. Pant, "Effect of cryo wire drawing on the microstructure and mechanical properties and electrical conductivity of pure copper" (manuscript under preparation)
Achievement, Awards and Recognitions:
- Selected for Industrial project funded by from M/s Crompton Greaves Limited, Mumbai to solve the industrial problem of enhancing strength and conductivity in pure Copper.
- Awarded ‘DAAD Research Grants for doctoral candidates’ for a period of six months (May 2014 - October 2014) to perform part of my PhD research at Leibniz Institute for Solid State and Materials Research, Dresden (IFW Dresden), Germany.
- Received ‘Best Oral Presentation Award’ in 7th Materials research Scholar MR15 Symposium at IIT Bombay
Message to Students & Community
- My field of research is on material science and metal forming process. M.Tech student who are interested in the field of materials can approach me for their final thesis work.