- PhD* in Nanofluidics, Pursuing from Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology Patiala
- M.E. Thermal Engineering, Punjab Engineering College, Punjab University Chd.
- B.E. Mechanical Engineering, REC Hamirpur, HPU Shimla
Total Teaching Experience 12Years
Heat Transfer, Nanofluidics, Refrigeration Air Conditioning , Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics
Nanofluidics, Heat Transfer, Refrigeration Air Conditioning, Fluid mechanics
- Lal Kundan, Soumya Suddha Mallick & Bonamali Pal, 2017, An investigation into the effect of nanoclusters growth on perikinetic heat conduction mechanism in an oxide based nanofluid, Powder Technology (Elsevier), Vol. 311, pp. 273-286. IF 2.942.
- Lal Kundan, Soumya Suddha Mallick & Bonamali Pal, 2017, Effect of time dependent nanoclusters morphology on the thermal conductivity and heat transport mechanism of TiO2 based nanofluid, Heat and Mass Transfer (Springer), Vol. 53, pp. 1873-1892. IF 1.233
- Lal Kundan, Soumya Suddha Mallick & Bonamali Pal, 2016, Prediction and optimization of nanoclusters based thermal conductivity of nanofluids: Application of Box-Behnken Design (BBD), Particulate Science and Technology (Taylor and Francis), Vol. 35 (3), pp. 265-276. IF 0.707.
- Ajay K. and Kundan L., 2016, ‘Combined Experimental and CFD Investigation of the Parabolic Shaped Solar Collector Utilizing Nanofluid (CuO-H2O and SiO2-H2O) as a Working Fluid’ Journal of Engineering (Hindawi Publication), Volume 2016, pp. 1-11 (Web of Sciences-Thomson Reuters).
- Mishra A, Kundan L & Mallick SS, 2014, ‘Modelling thermal conductivity for alumina-water nanofluid’, International Journal of Particulate Science and Technology-Taylor Francis, vol. 32, Issue 3, pp. 319-326.
- Mallick SS, Mishra, A & Kundan L 2013, ‘An investigation into modelling thermal conductivity for alumina-water nanofluids’, International Journal of Powder Technology-Elsevier”, vol. 233, pp. 234–244.
- Kundan L & Sharma P, 2013, ‘Performance evaluation of a nanofluid (CuO-H2O) based low flux solar collector’, International Journal of Engineering Research (IJER)’, vol. 2, issue 2, pp. 108-112.
- Ajay K. and Kundan L., 2015 (March), ‘An Experimental and CFD Analysis of CuO-H2O (DI) Nanofluid Based Parabolic Solar Collector’ IOSR-Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSR-JMCE), Special Issue, pp. 78-82.
- Singh S., Sharma K., Kundan L. and Tripathi N.M., 2015 (April), ‘To Study the Behavior of Nano-refrigerant in Vapour Compression Cycle- a Review’ International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, Volume 4, Iss. 4, pp. 648-652.
- Singh K. and Kundan L, 2014, ‘An Investigation into the Performance of a Nanorefrigerant (R134a+Al2O3) Based Refrigeration System’ International Journal of Research in Mechanical Engineering & Technology, Vol. 4, Issue 2, Spl- 2 May - October 2014, pp. 158-162,
- Kundan Lal and S.S. Mallick, Thermal conductivity evaluation for alumina based nanofluids, “National Conference on Technological advancement in chemical and Environmental Engineering (TACEE-2012")”, CHED, BITS, Pilani, pp-189, March 2012.
- Kundan Lal and S.S. Mallick, An investigation into Thermophysical properties of alumina (Al2O3) based nanofluids for the convection heat transfer applications, “International Conference on application of Fluid Engineering (CAFE-2012")”, G. L. Bajaj Institute of Technology and Management Greater Noida, pp-59, September 2012.
Achievement, Awards and Recognitions:
- Life Member of ISTE
- Member of ASHRAE
- Member of SAE (2010-11)
- President –ASHRAE Student Chapter, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology Patiala
- Faculty In charge, Heat Transfer Lab, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology Patiala
- Recipient of performance incentives under the Performance Incentive Scheme (PIS) of the University (2012-13, 2013-14)
Note: * pursuing