Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval, Text Mining
Mr. Jasmeet Singh is currently working as Lecturer in the Computer Science Engineering Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala. He obtained his B.Tech and M.Tech from PTU, Jalandhar. He is pursuing PhD from Panjab University, Chandigarh, India. He has 10 years of teaching experience. He has published a number of research papers in reputed International Journals in the area of Natural Language Processing and Information Retrieval.
- Lecturer, TIET, Patiala, 10:08:20117 to Till date.
- Assistant Professor, GGNIMT, Ludhiana, 21:03:2017 to 09:08:2017.
- Research and Teaching Assistant, UIET, Panjab University, Chandigarh, 28:10:2013 to 20:03:2017.
- Assistant Professor, GGNIMT, Ludhiana, 07:08:2007 to 27:10:2013.
- Lecturer, GGN Khalsa College, Ludhiana, 29:08:2005 to 06:08:2007.
Certification or Professional registrations
Current membership in professional organizations
- ACM Professional Membership
Honours and awards
- Received "Research Award" and a cash prize of Rs. 5000 for Best Publication of the Year – 2016 from UIET, Panjab University, Chandigarh on May 8, 2017.
- Received "Appreciation Letter" for Publishing SCI Indexed Paper with Impact Factor 3.44 from UIET, Panjab University on May 5, 2018.
Service activities (within and outside of the institution)
- Attended PTU Sponsored Faculty Development Programme on "Emerging Paradigms in Professional Education" from June 18-22, 2012 at Gujranwala Guru Nanak Institute of Management and Technology, Ludhiana.
- Attended UGC Sponsored one week National Workshop on "Multilingual Technologies (NWMLT-2013)" from November 11-17, 2013 at Department of Computer Science, Punjabi University, Patiala.
Publications and other Research Outputs
List of research publications in SCI/SSCI/SCIE/SSCIE & equivalent management journals
- Jasmeet Singh and Vishal Gupta, "Text Stemming: Approaches, Applications, and Challenges", ACM Computing Surveys, vol. 49, no. 3, p. 45, 2016. (SCI Indexed) (Impact Factor: 6.74)
- Jasmeet Singh and Vishal Gupta. "A systematic review of text stemming techniques", Artificial Intelligence Review (Springer), vol. 48, no. 3, pp.157–217, 2017. (SCI Indexed) (Impact Factor 2.62)
- Jasmeet Singh and Vishal Gupta. "An Efficient Corpus-Based Stemmer", Cognitive Computation (Springer). vol. 9, pp. 671-688, 2017. (SCIE Indexed) (Impact Factor: 3.44).
Publication of papers in conference proceedings and other publications
- Jasmeet Singh and Satinderjit Singh. "Alternate Algorithm for 3X3 median filtering of digital images", In National Conference on Advances in Computer Technology and Applications, GGNIMT Ludhiana, March 2007.
- Jasmeet Singh and Parminder Singh. "Normalization and Modification of Concatenated Speech using TD-PSOLA method", In 8th International Conference on Upcoming Trends in IT, PCTE Ludhiana, March 2012.
- Jasmeet Singh. "Design and Development of Corpus-Based Stemming Approach", In 11th Chandigarh Science Congress (CHASCON 2017), Panjab University Chandigarh, March 2017.
Professional development activities/ Research project
- An Unsupervised Language Independent Text Stemmer for Information Retrieval, 2.5 Lacs, King Abdulaziz University, Ministry of Education, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, PI- Dr. Fahd Saleh Alotaibi, Co-PI: Dr. Vishal Gupta (on-going).