Wireless Sensor Network
Contact no.: 9041480553
Gaganpreet Kaur is a Lecturer in the Computer Science and Engineering Department at Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology. She has done her Master of Technology from Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, India and B.Tech from AIET, PTU, (Pb.) India. She has three years of teaching experience. Her main research interest is Wireless Sensor Network.
- Worked as Assistant Professor in Computer Engineering dept. at NIT, Kurukshetra (Haryana) from 2 August, 2016 to 8 August, 2017
- Worked as Assistant Professor in CET dept. at Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar (Punjab) from 15 July, 2015 to 31 May, 2016.
- Attended one FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM on Process of Curriculum Review organized by TCS
- Worked as Assistant Professor in CSE dept. at MMEC, Maharishi Markandeshwar University, Mullana, Ambala (Haryana) from 14 October, 2014 to 13 July, 2015
- Attended two FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS organized by NITTTR
- Active member of TIME TABLE Committee
Publications and other Research Outputs-9
PAPERS IN INTERNATIONAL JOURNALS
- Gaganpreet Kaur, and Gagandeep Kaur Virk, " Performance Analysis of Hybrid TB-LEACH Enegy Based Multihop Protocol", International Journal of Computer Applications, Volume 143, No. 5, PP 15-21, June 2016.
- Gaganpreet Kaur, Sandeep Waraich, “Hybrid TB-LEACH Energy Based Multihop Protocol”, International Journal of Computer Applications, Volume 95, No. 21, June 2014 ISSN-0975-8887
PAPERS IN INDIAN JOURNALS
- Gaganpreet Kaur, Parmjit Kaur, “Open Source VoIP Standards: A Review”, International Journal of Exploring Emerging Trends in Engineering (IJEETE), Vol. 02, Issue 02, PP 56-61, MARCH-APRIL, 2015 ISSN – 2394-0573
- Gagandeep Kaur Virk, Gaganpreet Kaur, “LTE And WIMAX Future Technology: A Comprehensive Survey”, International Journal of Exploring Emerging Trends in Engineering (IJEETE), Vol. 02, Issue 02, pp17-21, MARCH-APRIL, 2015 ISSN – 2394-0573
PAPERS IN CONFERENCES
- Gaganpreet Kaur, Sandeep Waraich, “Comparative Analysis of Clustering Algorithms for Homogeneous Wireless Sensor Networks”, International Conference On Recent Advances in Electrical Engineering, Power Control, Electronics and Communication Technology (EEPCECT – 2014), Proceedings of International Journal of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, 2014. ISSN 0974-2174 2014.
- Gaganpreet Kaur, Sandeep Waraich, “LEACH And its Descendants: A Review,” 2nd National Conference On Engineering Applications (NCEA), April 2014.
- Gaganpreet Kaur, Parmjit Kaur, and Manpreet Kaur, “Parallel Scheduling on Heterogeneous Processors.” In International Conference on Information And Mathematical Sciences, Proceedings of the Elsevier, Oct.2013, ISBN 978-93-5107-162-4
- Rasleen Kaur, Parmjit Kaur, and Gaganpreet Kaur, “Managing Distributed Databases In Mobile Environments.” In International Conference on Information And Mathematical Sciences, Proceedings of the Elsevier, Oct. 2013, ISBN 978-93-5107-162-4
- Rasleen Kaur, Gaganpreet Kaur, “Super Pipeline Processors,” presented In DAV National Congress on Science & Technology, May 2013. ISBN 978-93-82062-37-0
Awards and Honours
- NET Qualified
- Third Topper of branch CSE in B.Tech
Description of Research Interests
M. Tech. Thesis
Thesis Title- Hybrid TB-LEACH Energy Based Multihop Protocol
Supervisor – Mr. Sandeep Waraich
Brief Synopsis of Research:
The main aim of this work is to propose a clustering based routing protocol which extends the network lifetime of the wireless sensor network. This hybrid protocol based on two extensions of LEACH protocol named TB-LEACH and CTPEDCA protocol. The proposed hybrid protocol also considers two additional factors residual energy of sensor nodes and distance of cluster head nodes from the base station.