High-Performance Concrete, Retrofitting and Rehabilitation of RC structure
Raju Sharma is a Lecturer at the Department of Civil Engineering, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology since June 2016. He obtained his diploma in civil engineering in year 2006 from Government Polytechnic, Ambala. He obtained his B.Tech in Civil Engineering in year 2009 from RIMT Institute of Enginnering, Sirhind. He worked as a structure engineer in G. R. Infra projects Ltd. He handled the project of Pre-stressed Railway over Bridges, Random Rubble Stone Masonry Bridges, and Spillway base grouting of Koldam. In 2011, He joined Master of engineering (M.E) program in Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology. He passed his M.E structures in 2013 and started a carrier in academics. Presently, he is perusing his Ph.D. from Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology. His research area include retrofitting of structures, high performance concrete (HPC) and ultra-high performance concrete (UHPC). He has guided 2 M.E students.
- Behaviour of Beam column joint
- Retrofitting of structure element by FRP, HPC
- Fibre reinforced concrete
- Sharma, R., Bansal, P. P., Use of Different Form of Waste Plastic in Concrete- A Review, Journal of Cleaner Production.‘ vol. 112, pp- 473-482, 2015
- Bansal, P.P., Sharma, R., M, Ankur, Retrofitting of RC Girders using Pre-stressed CFRP Sheets, Journal of Steel and Composite Structures, vol.20 (4), pp-833-849, 2016
- Raju, Review on Shear Behavior of Reinforced Concrete Beam without Transverse Reinforcement, International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, IJERA,ISSN 2248-9622,Vol 4,PP 1-6,2014
- Raju, Chauhan R., ‘An Experimental Study on Strength Behaviour of Cement concrete with use of Plastic Fibre’ International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications IJERA,ISSN 2248:9622, PP 30-34,2014,doi: 10.13140/2.1.3810.0807
- Chauhan R., Raju ‘ An Experimental investigation on CBR Improvement of Sand –Flyash Mix using Geogrid Layers’ Geotechnical Engineering Practice and Sustainable Infrastructure Development (GEPSID- 2014), Vol 2, PP 10-13
- S. Ranga, G. Kaur ,S. Salhotra, R. Sharma ‘Effect of Slag in various Fresh and Mechanical Properties of Mortar- A Review’ National Conference on Recent Advancements in Solid Waste Management, NCRASWM, Vol 1, PP 80-83, 2014
- Raju, Kausik R, Sharma T, “Effect of PET Fibres Different Aspect Ratio on Fresh and Mechanical Properties of Cement Concrete” Proceedings of the sixth Asia-Pacific Young Researchers and Graduate Symposium, ISBN: 978-974-466-746-5, PP 88-91, 2014
- Sharma R, Singh I P, Verma R, S Singh, “Effect of Iron Based Waste Materials on the Strength Properties of Mortar” Proceedings of the 7th Asia Pacific Young Researches and Graduates Symposium, University of Malaya, Malaysia, PP 142-150, 2016.
- Meerwal S, Singh V P, Chauhan R, Sharma R, “Behaviour of Concrete by Replacing Natural Aggregates with Use of Blast Furnace Slag” Proceedings of the 7th Asia Pacific Young Researches and Graduates Symposium, University of Malaya, Malaysia, PP 111-120, 2016.
Membership of Professional Institutions, Associations, Societies
Indian concrete journal
Description of Research Interests
Mr. Raju Sharma research interest are retrofitting of various structure element (Beams, Beam column joint, column). He is working in the area of high performance fiber reinforced concrete and ultra-high performance concrete. Currently, also working with the colleagues in various consultancy projects to explore the real life design, rehabilitation and retrofitting problems.