Visiting Assistant Professor
Digital VLSI Design, Digital Image Processing and Compression, Medical Imaging, Biomedical Instrumentation
Computer Architecture, Advanced Optical Technologies
Publications and other Research Outputs
- “Architectural Design and FPGA Implementation of Radix-4 CORDIC Processor”, by Kaushik Bhattacharyya, Rakesh Biswas, Anindya Sundar Dhar and Swapna Banerjee in Microprocessors and Microsystems (MICPRO,Elsevier), Embedded Hardware Design. Vol-34, pp - 96-101 (2010).
- “An FPGA based Architecture of DSC-SRI Units Specially for Motion Blind Ultrasound Systems”, by Rakesh Biswas, Kishor Prabhakar Sarawadekar, Srinivas Varna and Swapna Banerjee in Journal of real Time Image Processing (JRTIP). Vol- 10, pp – 573-595 (2012, 2015).
- "A High Precision-Low Area Unified Architecture for Lossy and Lossless 3D Multi-Level Discrete Wavelet Transform” by R. Biswas, S. R. Malreddy and S. Banerjee, in IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology (Available online, DOI: 10.1109/TCSVT.2017.2721113, In Production)
Awards and Honours
- Winner of Cadence Design Contest 2010 in Masters category for the project “Low Power and High Speed Realization of Modiï¬ed Fast Radon Transform using FFT IFFT ASIC”.
- Best paper award for the paper, “ASIC Implementation of a 512-point FFT/IFFT Processor for 2D CT Image Reconstruction Algorithm” in IEEE TechSym 2011, IIT Kharagpur.
- Received MHRD Scholarship for PhD from 2012-2017.
Description of Research Interests
- Ph.D. Thesis submitted on - An Embedded Solution for JPEG 2000 Image Compression Based Back-end for Ultrasonography Systems
- M.S. (by research) Thesis - A Single Chip Solution of Back-end Units for Ultrasonography Systems.
- My research interests include FPGA Based Digital VLSI System Design, Optimization of Digital VLSI architecture, VLSI Based Biomedical Image and Signal Processing, Image Compression, Embedded System Design and Biomedical Instrumentation.