Pollution abatement, CFD and Heat transfer
Rakesh Kumar Gupta is working with ChED Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala since 2009. He has completed his M.Tech. degree in Chemical Engineering from Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi in June 2008. His research interests include Computational Fluid Dynamics and Heat Transfer.
- M. Tech in Chemical Engineering, IT-BHU, Varanssi / First class with Honours (8.35 CGPA)
- B.E. in Chemical Engineering / M.R.E.C., Jaipur / First class with Honours (69.8%)
Experience: Total Teaching Experience 10 years 8 months
- July 2008 – June 2009: Lecturer, Chemical Engineering Department, JNU, Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- July 2009 – present (April 2019): Assistant Professor, Chemical Engineering Department, TIET, Patiala.
- Heat Transfer
- Petroleum and petrochemicals
- Computation fluid dynamics
- Rakesh Kumar Gupta, Avinash Chandra and Raj Kumar Gupta. " Buoyancy-driven convective heat transfer from a semi-circular cylinder for various confinements." Sadhana 43:182 (2018): 1-18. [SCI Impact Factor 0.592].
- Abhishek Singh, Raj Kumar Gupta and Rakesh Kumar Gupta. “ Simulation of reactive distillation column using Aspen plus; Published in 2nd Advances in Chemical Engineering, 27-28th February 2011 organized by Thapar University Patiala.
- Rakesh Kumar Gupta, Avinash Chandra and Raj Kumar Gupta. “ Experimental investigation of 3D-mixed convection heat transfer from a semi-circular cylinder placed in rectangular channel; Presented in National conference on Advances in Chemical & Environmental Engineering, 22-23rd April. 2016 organized by NIT, Jalandhar.
Achievement, Awards and Recognitions
- Performance award scheme 2015. (From Thapar University, Patiala)
- Performance Incentive Scheme 2009-10. (From Thapar University, Patiala)
- Gate scholarship 2006-08. (From MHRD, Delhi)
Message to Students & Community
Never lose hope, until and unless you are not getting success.