Visiting Assistant Professor
Sachin Singh is a Visiting Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology. He is pursuing his PhD in the Department of Mechanical Engineering Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati. He has completed his MTech in the field of Machine Design from Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati.
Publications and other Research Outputs
- Sachin Singh, T. M. Deepu Kumar, M. Ravi Sankar “Experimental, Theoretical, and Simulation Comparative Study of Nano Surface Roughness Generated During Abrasive Flow Finishing Process” ASME. Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 2017, Volume 139(6): Pages 061014(14-12).
- Sachin Singh, A.S Arjun Raj, M. Ravi Sankar, V. K. Jain “ Finishing force analysis and simulation of nanosurface roughness in abrasive flow finishing process using medium rheological properties” The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 2016, Volume 85-9, Pages 2163-2178.
- Sachin Singh, M. Ravi Sankar, V. K. Jain, J. Ramkumar, “Modeling of Nano Finishing Forces and Surface Roughness in Abrasive Flow Finishing (AFF) Process using Rheological Properties”, International Journal of Precision Technology, 2016, Volume 6-2, Pages 123-141.
- Sachin Singh, M. Ravi Sankar, U. S. Dixit, “State of art on Micro-Abrasive Flow Finishing (µ-AFF) Process” , Journal of Manufacturing Technology Research, 2014, Volume 5, Pages 167-177.
- Sachin Singh, N. Yadaiah, Swarup Bag , Sukhomay Pal. “Numerical simulation of welding-induced residual stress in fusion welding process using adaptive volumetric heat source” IMechE, Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, 2014, Volume 228(16), Pages 2960-2672.
SCI 3 Non-SCI 2
Awards and Honours
- Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India (MHRD) scholarship in Ph.D. (2012-2017).
- Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India (MHRD) scholarship in M. Tech. (2010-2012).
- Qualified Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) in 2010 with AIR-1289.
- Won Amity university’s most coveted award ‘SHREE BALJIT SHASTRI’ award for the best in Human and traditional values.
- Won award for highest overall CGPA at the end of 7th Sem. in B. Tech. Mechanical Engineering.
- Won robotic race in a workshop organized by MITbots at DCE, Delhi.
Description of Research Interests
His areas of research interest are machining & advanced machining processes, micro-manufacturing nano- finishing and modeling (finite element modeling).