- Ph.D. pursuing in Mechanical Engineering (Thermal Engineering) / Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur / First Class (9.5 CGPA)
- M.Tech.in Mechanical Engineering (Fluid Mechanics and Thermal Sciences) / Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur / First Class (9.0 CGPA) in 2012
- B.E. in Power Engineering / Jadavpur University / First class (8.83 CGPA) in 2006
Experience: Total Experience 6+ years
- October 2006 – October 2008 : Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineering Department (R&D - Piping Stress & Surge), Development Consultants Pvt. Ltd. (DCPL), Kolkata
- October 2008 – July 2010 : Executive Engineer, Mechanical Engineering Department (Main Plant System, Combined Cycle Power Plant), Larsen & Toubro - Sargent & Lundy Ltd. (L&T-S&L), Faridabad
- July 2012 – July 2014: Assistant Manager, Mechanical Engineering Department (Main Plant System), L&T-S&L (L&T- Power)., Kolkata and Faridabad
- June 2017 – Present: Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala
- Engineering Thermodynamics
- Heat and Mass Transfer
- Fluid Mechanics & Fluid Machinery
- Power Plant Engineering
- Non-Conventional Energy
- Nuclear Power Generation & Safety
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Soft Computing - GA,FL,NN
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
- Engineering Drawing
- Natural Circulation Loop
- Solar based combined heating, cooling and power generation
- Optimization of thermal power plant & refrigeration system
- Boiling of Nano-fluids
- Thermal Comfort
- Supercritical Technology
- 1. Sadhu S., and Ghoshdastidar P.S.., 2015. “Heat Flux Controlled Pool Boiling of Zirconia–Water and Silver–Water Nanofluids on a Flat Plate: A Coupled Map Lattice Simulation”. ASME JHT, 137(2)021503-9.
- 2. Sadhu S., Ramgopal M. and Bhattacharyya S., 2016. “Effect of loop diameter, height and insulation on high temperature CO2 based natural circulation loop”. International Journal of Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial, Mechatronics and Manufacturing Engineering, Vol:10, No:8.
- 1. Sadhu S., Ramgopal M. and Bhattacharyya S., 2016. “steady state analysis of high temperature supercritical CO2 based natural circulation loop”. 18th International Conference on Energy, Environment and Sustainable Development (ICEESD 2016), Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- 2. Sadhu S., Ramgopal M. and Bhattacharyya S., 2016. “Effect of Operating Parameter on Natural Circulation Loop based on Supercritical CO2”. 6th International and 43rd National Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power (FMFP 2016), MNNITA, Allahabad, U.P., India
- 3. Sadhu S., Ramgopal M. and Bhattacharyya S., 2017. “Studies on an air-cooled natural circulation loop based on supercritical CO2”. 2nd International and 24th National and ISHMT-ASTFE Heat and Mass Transfer Conference (IHMTC 2017), BITS Pilani, Hyderabad, India.
Achievement, Awards and Recognitions:
- Research Scholar Coordinator - ME (Thermal Engineering), IIT Kharagpur, 2016
- Student Coordinator - Short term course in Power Plant Technology for CESC Engineers , IIT Kharagpur , 2015
- Paper Reviewer ASME JHT, 2013
- Power Plant Simulation, L&T-MHI, Faridabad , 2013
- 3rd Rank in M.Tech. Mechanical Engg. (FTS) – IIT Kanpur, 2012.
- Coordinator – Vivekananda Samiti, IIT Kanpur, 2011-12
- Seminar in Nuclear Power Generation and Safety, IIT Kanpur 2011
- GATE AIR:336 in Mechanical Engineering in 2010
- Member of CMMI audit group at LnT-SnL in 2009-10
- Deliver Summer Training in Power Plant Familiarization at LnT-SnL in 2009-10
- Plant Visit – NTPC Power Plant, Badarpur and Gas Power Station, Faridabad in 2009
- Seminar in Piping Stress Analysis – Kolkata, 2007
- Certificates for Courses in C & Data Structure from N.S.C.E. in 2006
- 2nd Rank in B.E. Power Engg. – Jadavpur University in 2006
- Certificates for Power Plant Familiarization Course from N.P.T.I. Durgapur in 2005
- B.E. Seminar – Availability Based Tariff (ABT) in Jadavpur University, 2005
- Merit Scholarship Certificate for Madhyamik (Class-X) from W.B.S.E in 2000
- 35 th Rank in Madhyamik (Class-X) - W.B.B.S.E. in 2000.
Message to Students & Community
Life is a journey, not a destination. Happiness is all about enjoying the journey.