System Identification & Control
Dr. Souvik Ganguli is working with EIE Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala since 2009. He has completed his PhD degree in System Identification and Control from Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology in October 2019. His research interests include Hybrid Metaheuristics and Model Order Reduction.
- Ph.D. (Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology) in Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering with specialization in Control Systems
- M. Tech in Mechatronics, National Institute of Technical Teachers’ Training and Research, Kolkata First class (8.08 CGPA)
- B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering / Kalyani University / First class (75.82%)
Experience: Total Teaching Experience 15 years 8 months
- Serving as Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering, Thapar University, Patiala since 12th June, 2009.
- Served as Lecturer in the Department of Electrical Engineering, Calcutta Institute of Engineering & Management, Kolkata from 9th Aug, 2008 to 8th June, 2009.
- Served as Lecturer in the Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Bengal College of Engineering & Technology, Durgapur from 17th July, 2006 to 31st July, 2006.
- Served as Lecturer in the Department of Electrical Engineering, Greater Noida Institute of Technology, Greater Noida from 23rd Jan, 2006 to 10th July, 2006.
- Served as Lecturer in the Department of Electronics Engineering, School of Engineering & Applied Sciences, Rai Foundation Colleges, New Delhi from 27th Sept 2004 to 21st Jan, 2006.
- Served as a Graduate Engineer Trainee and Marketing Engineer in Limitorque India Ltd, Faridabad from 25th June, 2002 to 25th Sept, 2004.
- Electromagnetic Field Theory
- Electric Drives
- Network Theory and Design
- Advanced Control Systems
- Electric Machine Design
- Electrical Engineering
- Electric Drives and Control
- Advanced Power Converters
- Digital Control Systems
- Model order reduction
- System identification and control
- Delta operator modelling
- Hybrid metaheuristics
- Nature inspired algorithms
- Kumar, A., & Ganguli, S. A new method to realize nonrational driving-point functions. International Journal of Circuit Theory and Applications, 1-13, https://doi.org/ 10.1002/cta.2751. (IF: 1.554).
- Ganguli, S., Kaur, G., & Sarkar, P. Identification in the delta domain: a unified approach via GWOCFA. Soft Computing, 1-18, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00500-019-04232-8. (IF: 2.784).
- Ganguli, S., Kaur, G., & Sarkar, P. (2019). A hybrid intelligent technique for model order reduction in the delta domain: a unified approach. Soft Computing, 23(13), 4801-4814. (IF: 2.784).
- Ganguli, S., Kaur, G., & Sarkar, P. (2019). A novel hybrid metaheuristic algorithm for model order reduction in the delta domain: a unified approach. Neural Computing and Applications, 31(10), 6207-6221. (IF: 4.664).
- Ganguli, S., Kaur, G., & Sarkar, P. (2019) Bacterial foraging algorithm and its applications: a brief review and future directions. Journal of Advanced Research in Dynamical & Control Systems, 11(07), 185-199.
- Saxena, N., & Ganguli, S. (2015). Solar and wind power estimation and economic load dispatch using firefly algorithm. Procedia Computer Science, 70, 688-700.
- Ganguli, S. (2020) Testing the performance of some new hybrid metaheuristic algorithms for high dimension optimization problems. In Proceedings of M3HPCST-2020. organized by Indraprastha Engineering College, Ghaziabad, 9-11 January, 2020.
- Ganguli, S., (2019) A mixed-method for reduced-order modelling of multi-area power system network. In Proceedings of ICIEMPS. organized by Institution of Engineers India, 23-24 Nov, 2019 held in Kolkata.
- Ganguli, S., Kaur, G., & Sarkar, P. (2019). Identification in the delta domain: a unified approach using hybrid FAPS algorithm. In 2019 5th International Conference on Advanced Computing & Communication Systems (ICACCS) (pp. 1093-1096).
- Ganguli, S., Kaur, G., & Sarkar, P. (2016). Model order reduction of continuous time system using hybrid metaheuristic algorithm. In IEEE 7th India International Conference on Power Electronics (IICPE), (pp. 1-5).
Achievement, Awards and Recognitions
- Awarded Certificate of Reviewing in Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, Elsevier Science in June, 2019.
- Awarded Certificate of Outstanding Contribution in reviewing for Energy, Elsevier Science in February, 2017.
- Awarded Certificate of Outstanding Contribution in reviewing for Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier Science in February, 2017.
- Member, Board of Studies in UGC sponsored Community College for Advanced Diploma in Auto Electrical & Electronics, in G.S.S.D.G.S Khalsa College, Patiala from 2015-2017.
Message to Students & Community
Winning doesn’t always mean being first. Winning means you’re doing better than you’ve done before