Vinay Arora is Assistant Professor of Computer Science & Engineering, at Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, Punjab, India. Arora was appointed in 2009, to Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala. Arora did his masters from Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra, Haryana, India in 2007 and got campus placement in Newgen Software Technologies, New Delhi. Vinay worked for ECOBANK, Ghana, West Africa, and played a major role in analysis, design and implementation of their automation. His areas of interest are meta-heuristic, software models and software testing.
Membership of Professional Institutions, Associations, Societies
- Life member of (Indian Society for Technical Education) ISTE
Publications and other Research Outputs
- Vinay Arora, Rajesh Bhatia, Maninder Singh, “A systematic review of approaches for testing concurrent programs,” Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, Vol. 28, Issue. 5, pp. 1572-1611, 2016. DOI: 10.1002/cpe.3711
[SCIE Indexed, Impact Factor: 1.133, Citations: 02]
- Vinay Arora, Rajesh Bhatia, Maninder Singh, “Synthesizing test scenarios in UML activity diagram using bio-inspired approach,” Computer Languages, Systems & Structures, Vol. 50, pp. 1-19, 2017. DOI: 10.1016/j.cl.2017.05.002
[SCIE Indexed, Impact Factor: 1.615, Citations: 01]
- Mehak Jindal, Vinay Arora, “Survey on Dynamic Slicing Techniques for Object-Oriented Programs”, International Journal of Mobile & Adhoc Network (IJMAN), vol. 2, issue 2, pp. 233- 239, IFRSA, May 2012. IFactor: 3.56
- Shveta Verma, Vinay Arora, “Survey on Graphical Methods for Test Case Generation”, International Journal of Mobile & Adhoc Network (IJMAN), vol. 2, issue 2, pp. 257-264, IFRSA, May 2012. IFactor: 3.56
- Vinay Arora, Rajesh Kumar Bhatia, Maninder Singh, “Evaluation of Flow Graph and Dependence Graphs for Program Representation”, International Journal of Computer Applications, Vol. 56, Issue.14, pp. 18-23, Foundation of Computer Science, USA, October 2012. IFactor: 0.82
- Rupinder Singh, Vinay Arora, “Literature Analysis on Model based Slicing”, International Journal of Computer Applications, Vol. 70, Issue.16, pp. 45-51, Foundation of Computer Science, USA, May 2013. IFactor: 0.82
- Rupinder Singh, Vinay Arora, “Technique for Extracting Subpart from UML Sequence Diagram”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, Vol. 3, Issue 6, pp. 593-596, June 2013. IFactor: 2.08
- Rupinder Singh, Vinay Arora, “A practical approach for model based slicing”, IOSR Journal of Computer Engineering, Vol. 12, Issue. 4, pp. 18-26, July 2013. IFactor: 1.686
- Vipin Verma and Vinay Arora, “Test sequence generation for Java7 fork/join using interference dependence”, Journal on Today’s Ideas – Tomorrow’s Technologies, Vol. 2, Issue. 1, June 2014
- Vishnu Goel and Vinay Arora, “A Survey Paper on Web Page Change Detection”, Engineering Sciences – International research journal, Vol.2, pp. 241-245, March 2014.
Awards and Honours
- Received a letter of appreciation from the head of department Dr. Deepak Garg (Associate professor, CSED, TIET) for successful design, testing and deployment of an online portal for catering the project semester activities (Yr. 2014). This is the real time application and department is using this since past 3 yrs.
- Stand alone handling of the project for Ministry of home affairs (MHA), Namibia, during 2008 at Newgen Software Technologies, New Delhi
Description of Research Interests
- Meta-heuristics in software engineering
- Model-based testing
- Web Crawling and Search Engine Optimization