Bio Medical Instrumentation
Dr. Sunil Kumar Singla did his graduation (with honors) in Instrumentation Engg. from Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal in the year 1998. He did his post graduation (Instrumentation & Control Engineering) from National Institute of Technical Teacher Training and Research (formally TTTI) Chandigarh in 2000 by securing a CGPA of 10 on 10 point scale. He did his Ph.D. in the field of Biometrics from Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology Patiala in the year 2011 and was awarded ‘A’ grade by all the examiners.
He joined the Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology (formally TIET) Patiala as a Lecturer in February 2000 in the department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering. Currently he is Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering.
Dr Singla is the Gold medalist in the Post Graduation and received the Dr. S P Luthra Memorial Gold Medal for standing 1st in all the branches of TTTI in 2000. He has guided two Ph.D. student and 34 M. Tech thesis. Moreover, four students are pursuing their Ph.D. with him. He has 10 papers in SCI journals and 26 in various international and national journals of repute. Dr. Singla has 15 papers in various national and international conferences to his credit. His areas of interest are image processing, biometrics, Virtual Instrumentation and control systems. He is the member editorial boards of various journals and expert committees.
Solution for rotation and translation in image based biometric systems for cloud applications by Ingenious Corporate Solutions Pvt. Ltd. Gurgaon
Membership of Professional Institutions, Associations, Societies
- International Association of Engineers and Scientists (IAEST)
- International Association of Engineers
- Metrology Society of India
Publications and other Research Outputs
SCI-10; Non-SCI 26
Awards and Honours
- Merit Certificate from Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology , Longowal for securing second position in merit in Bachelor of Technology in Instrumentation Engineering
- Merit Certificate from Technical Teacher’s Training Institute , Chandigarh for securing Ist position in merit in Master of Engineering in Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- Appreciation letter from Dean of student affairs of Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala for attaining 10.00 Cumulative Grade Point Average on 10 point scale.
- Institute Medal from Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala for securing the highest Cumulative Grade Point Average in the master of engineering (instrumentation and control Engineering)
- Dr. S.P. Luthra Memorial Gold Medal For the best performance among all the students of Master’s degree programme of the Technical Teacher’s Training Institute during the period August 1998- February 2000.
- Awarded in the 2nd national Punjab Education Summit & Awards 2017 for excellent contribution in education Sector by CMAI (Commutations media and Infrastructure) Association of India.
- Awarded the Young Faculty Research Fellowship Ministry of Electronics & IT Government of India.
Description of Research Interests
- Image Processing
- Control System