Material Deformation, Die less forming, Machining, CAD/CAM
Designation :- Assistant Professor
- PhD in Manufacturing from Indian Institute of Technology Ropar, Punjab, 2017.
- E. in Metallurgical Engineering, from PEC university of Technology, Chandigarh, 2011.
- Tech in Mechanical Engineering from Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar, Punjab, 2008.
- Diploma in Instrumentation Technology from Indo Swiss Training Centre, CSIO, Chandigarh, 2005.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala, Punjab (July, 2017 - present)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, RBIEBT, Mohali, Punjab (July, 2011- July, 2012)
- Lecturer, Department of Mechanical Engineering, RBIEBT, Mohali, Punjab (August, 2008- June, 2009)
- Singh A, Agrawal A. (2022). Single point incremental bending: Bending load evaluations and process validation. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture.
- Kumar, N., Singh, A., Agrawal, A. (2020). Formability analysis of AA1200 H14 aluminum alloy using single point incremental forming process. Transactions Indian Institute of Metals. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12666-020-02014-7.
- Kumar, R., Kumar, G., Singh, A. (2020). An assessment of residual stresses and micro-structure during single point incremental forming of commercially pure titanium used in biomedical applications. Materials Today: Proceedings 28; 1261–1266.
- Singh, A., Agarwal, A. (2018). Investigation of parametric effects on geometrical inaccuracies in deformation machining process. ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 140, 074501-8.
- Singh, A., Agrawal, A. (2017). Experimental and numerical investigations on structural thinning, thinning evolution and compensation stratagem in deformation machining stretching mode. Journal of Manufacturing Processes 26; 216-225.
- Singh, A., Agrawal, A. (2017). Experimental force modeling for deformation machining stretching mode for aluminium alloys. Sadhana 42(2); 271-280.
- Singh, A., Agrawal, A. (2016). Investigations on structural thinning and compensation stratagem in deformation machining stretching mode. Manufacturing Letters 9; 1-6.
- Singh, A., Agrawal, A. (2016). Comparison of Deforming Forces, Residual Stresses and Geometrical Accuracy of Deformation Machining with Conventional Bending and Forming. Journal of Material Processing Technology 234; 259-271.
- Singh, A., Agrawal, A. (2015). Investigation of Surface Residual Stress Distribution in Deformation Machining Process for Aluminum Alloy. Journal of Material Processing Technology 225; 195-202.
- Thakur, A., Joshi, R. S., & Singh, A. “A brief review on mechanical properties of Al-MMCs fabricated by stir casting route & applications”. In E3S Web of Conferences (Vol. 309) 2021. EDP Sciences.
- Kumar, R., Kumar, G., Singh A. “An Assessment of Residual Stresses and Micro-Structure during Single Point Incremental Forming of Commercially Pure Titanium Used in Biomedical Applications.“ 2nd International Conference on Recent Advances in Materials & Manufacturing Technologies, 2019, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. (Awarded best paper)
- Singh, A. “Re-using machining scrap: An alternative approach.” Frontiers in Green and Sustainable Energy, 2019 Toronto, Canada.
- Singh, A., Agrawal, A., “Insights on Force Trends and Geometrical Discrepancies in Single Point Incremental Bending Process.” 10th International Conference on Precision, Meso, Micro and Nano Engineering, December 7-9, 2017, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, India.
- Singh, A., Agrawal, A., “Numerical modeling and evaluations of residual stresses, deforming forces and geometrical inaccuracies in deformation machining process.” Advances in material processing technology conference, November 8-11, 2016, KaulaLumper, Malaysia.
- Singh, A., Nirala, H. K., Agrawal, A., “Investigations on Structural Thinning in Deformation Machining Stretching Mode.” 19th ESAFORM Conference on Material Forming. April 27-29, 2016, Nantes, France.
- Singh, A., Nirala, H. K., Agrawal, A., “Metal forming research @ IIT Ropar.” International Forming Technology Exhibition (IMTEX Forming), January 21-26, 2016, Bengaluru. (Awarded first prize).
- Singh, A., Agrawal, A., “Experimental Investigation on Elastic Spring Back in Deformation Machining Bending Mode.” Proceedings of the 10th ASME 2015 Manufacturing Science and Engineering Conference. June 08-12, 2015, Charlotte, North Carolina, USA.
- Singh, A., Agrawal, A., “Deformation Machining” Poster presented in International Symposium on Digital Fabrication, March 2-3, 2015 organized by Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad, India.
- Singh, A., Agrawal, A., “Comparison of Dimensional Repeatability and Accuracy for Deformation Machining Stretching Mode with Sheet Metal Components” 5th International and 26th All India Manufacturing Technology, Design and Research Conference, December 12-14, 2014 held at Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, India.
- Singh, A., Agrawal, A., “Comparison of Deforming Forces for Deformation Machined Components with Conventionally Formed Components” 23rd International Conference on Processing and Fabrication of Advanced Materials, December 5-7, 2014 held at Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India.