Dr. Munish Kansal is currently working as an Assistant Professor in the School of Mathematics, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala. He joined the department in July 2018 after completing his doctorate from Department of Mathematics, Panjab University, Chandigarh. His area of research is concerned with the development and analysis of higher-order multipoint iterative methods for solving nonlinear models and their basins of attractions. He has presented his research work a various international and national conferences. His research articles are published in journals of international repute. He has taught various under-graduate and post-graduate courses namely Mathematics-I,II,III, Linear Algebra, Operations Research and Numerical Analysis, Basic Introduction to Matlab.
List of Publications in SCI Journals: 05
- 1. Ioannis K. Argyros, Munish Kansal, V. Kanwar, Sugandha Bajaj (2017).: Higher-order derivative-free families of ChebyshevHalley type methods with or without memory for solving nonlinear equations, Appl. Math. Comput. 315, 224-245 (Elsevier) (Impact factor: 2.108).
- 2. Munish Kansal, V. Kanwar and Saurabh Bhatia (2016): Efficient derivative-free variants of Hansen-Patrick's family with memory for solving nonlinear equations, Numerical Algorithms, 73, 1017-1036 (Springer) (Impact factor: 1.536).
- 3. Alicia Cordero, Munish Kansal, V. Kanwar and Juan R. Torregrosa (2016): A stable class of improved second-derivative free Chebyshev-Halley type methods with optimal eighth order convergence, Numerical Algorithms 72, 937-958 (Springer) (Impact factor: 1.536).
- 4. Munish Kansal, V. Kanwar and Saurabh Bhatia (2015): New modifications of Hansen- Patrick's family with optimal fourth and eighth orders of convergence, Appl. Math. Comput. 269, 507-519 (Elsevier) (Impact factor: 2.108).
- 5. V. Kanwar, Saurabh Bhatia, Munish Kansal (2013): New optimal class of higher-order methods for multiple roots, permitting f'(xn) = 0, Appl. Math. Comput. 222, 564-574 (Elsevier) (Impact factor: 2.108).
List of publications in Non-SCI Journals: 11
- 1. Munish Kansal, V. Kanwar, Saurabh Bhatia (2016): Optimized mean based second derivative- free families of Chebyshev-Halley type methods, Numerical analysis and applications (Springer), Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 167-81.
- 2. Ioannis K. Argyros, Munish Kansal (2016): Unified local convergence for a certain family of methods in Banach space, SeMA (Springer), DOI 10.1007/s40324-016-0071-3
- 3. Ioannis K. Argyros, Munish Kansal, V. Kanwar (2016): Local convergence for multipoint methods using only the first derivative, SeMA (Springer), DOI 10.1007/s40324-016-0075-z
- 4. Ioannis K. Argyros, Munish Kansal, V. Kanwar (2016): On the local convergence of an eighth-order method for solving nonlinear equations, Annals of West University of Timisoara, 1, pp. 3-16,
- 5. V. Kanwar, Raj Bala, Munish Kansal (2016): Some new weighted eighth-order variants of Steffensen-King's type family for solving nonlinear equations and its dynamics, SeMA (Springer), DOI 10.1007/s40324-016-0081-1
- 6. Munish Kansal, V. Kanwar and S. Bhatia (2015): On some optimal multiple root-finding methods and their dynamics, Applications and Applied Mathematics, An International Journal (AAM), 10, pp. 349-367.
- 7. Munish Kansal, Vinay Kanwar and Saurabh Bhatia (2015): An Optimal Eighth-Order Derivative-Free Family of Potra-Ptak's Method, Algorithms 2015, 8(2), 309-320.
- 8. V. Kanwar, Sanjeev Kumar, Munish Kansal, Arvind garg (2015): Efficient families of Newtons method and its variants suitable for non-convergent cases, Afrika Matematika (Springer), 27, pp. 767-779
- 9. Ioannis K. Argyros, Munish Kansal, V. Kanwar (2017).: Ball convergence of a stable fourthorder family for solving nonlinear systems under weak conditions Stud. Univ. Babes-Bolyai Math. 62 (1), 127-135.
- 10. Ioannis K. Argyros, Munish Kansal, V. Kanwar (2016).: Ball convergence for two optimal eighth-order methods using only the first derivative, Int. J. Appl. Comput. Math. (Springer) DOI 10.1007/s40819-016-0196-1.
- 11. Ioannis K. Argyros, Munish Kansal, V. Kanwar (2017).: Ball convergence for an Aitken- Newton method, Journal of Numerical Analysis and Approximations Theory (JNAAT) (In Press).
Book Chapter published: 01
- 1. Ramandeep Behl, S.S. Motsa, Munish Kansal, V. Kanwar (2014): Fourth-order derivative free optimal families of King's and Ostrowski's methods, Mathematical Analysis and its Applications, Springer proceedings in Mathematics and Statistics. (Editors: P.N. Agarwal, R.N. Mohapatra, Uaday Singh, H.M. Srivastava), (Reviewed by American Mathematical Society).
Awards and Honours
- 2009: Qualified CSIR-UGC (JRF + NET) in Mathematics and Statistics with all India Rank-44.
- 2012: Qualified CSIR-UGC ( NET) in Mathematics and Statistics with all India Rank-62.
- Reviewer of Mathematical reviews (American Mathematical Society) with id: MR3656617
Description of Research Interests
His research interests are mainly in Numerical Analysis, Numerical Solutions of Nonlinear Equations and Systems of Nonlinear Equations, Basins of Attractions, Numerical Linear Algebra