Senior Systems Analyst
ERP Deployment and IT Infrastructure and Planning of Institute
ERP Deployment of Modules, Student Life Cycle, Academics, Finance and Accounting, Institute’s Database, Administration and Management, Private Cloud Infrastructure of Institute, Managing Web Services. Managing Enterprise Level Network, Institute Level Network Security and Threat Management, IT Infrastructure and Planning of Institute.
Expereince in TIET : 26 OCTOBER 2004 - Till Now
Contact :- PHONE: +91-9915955094
- Pursuing Doctorate of Philosophy in Computer Engineering Department of Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology [Formerly known as Thapar University], Deemed-to-be-University, Patiala, Punjab, India with 9.30 CGPA on Scale of 10 since Aug 2013.
- Master of Engineering in Computer Science and Engineering [2009-2012] Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology [Formerly known as Thapar University], Deemed-to-be-University, Patiala, Punjab, India with 9.30 CGPA on Scale of 10.
- Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science and Engineering [1997-2001] Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar, Punjab, India with first division.
Professional Certification, Training And Workshop
- OCA: Oracle Database 10g Administration Certified Associate
- CCNSP: Cyberoam Certified Network & Security Professional
- OCP: Oracle Database 10g Administration Workshop II Ed 3
- MATLAB Fundamentals by MATHWORKS Training Services
- International Workshop on Cloud Computing and High-Performance Computing held on 05th to 08th, 2012.
- Workshop on Acoustic-Phonetic segmentation and transcription held on 17th to 21st, 2011.
- Research promotion workshop on Introduction to graph and Geometric Algorithms held on 28th to 30th October 2010.
Consultancy / Professional Advice
- IT infrastructure deployment, designing Web application specifications for Online ticketing platform in Pepsu Road Transport Corporation, Patiala, completed 2017.
- IT infrastructure deployment Consultancy in Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology Campus, 2016, Amount: 3.5 lacs Ongoing.
- A consultancy project regarding the strengthening of IT Infrastructure in the Head Office of State bank of Patiala was completed. Amount Rs. 0.97 Lac.
Research And Publications
A.DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT: Research Guide: Dr. Seema Bawa, Professor, CSED
Ph.D. RESEARCH TITLE: Scalable Metadata Storage and Retrieval Techniques for Very Large Distributed Storage Systems.
Course Work Completed with 9.3 CGPA on a scale of 10.
Publication in International Journal:
- Singh, Harcharan Jit, and Seema Bawa. "Scalable Metadata Management Techniques for Ultra-Large Distributed Storage Systems--A Systematic Review." ACM Computing Surveys (CSUR) 51, no. 4 (2018): 82. https://doi.org/10.1145/3212686 SCI (Impact factor: 8.9)
B.ME THESIS TITLE: HIGH SCALABILITY OF HDFS USING DISTRIBUTED NAMESPACE Research Guide: Dr. V. P. Singh, Associate Professor, CSED
MASTER OF ENGINEERING DISSERTATION TITLE: Singh, Harcharan Jit, and V. P. Singh. "High scalability of HDFS using a distributed namespace." ME Dissertation, 2012.
Research Paper Published in International Journal :
- Harcharan Jit Singh and V P Singh. Article: High Scalability of HDFS using Distributed Namespace. International Journal of Computer Applications 52(17):30-37, August 2012.
Sponsored Projects and Activities
A project of up-gradation of Computer Centre, Thapar Institute under UGC XI Plan, Amount Rs. 48 Lac.
- Support principal investigators (PI) of Institutes in their research projects
- Translate research project requirements to technical specifications of software and hardware for budgeting and scheduling.
- Support PI in deploying IT infrastructure of the research project.
- Support researchers in their development and deployment of scientific mode on the server. Helps researchers in optimizing research techniques by exploiting computing tools and techniques, research data analysis and predictive analysis techniques.
- Vice President of OWASP (Open Source Web Applications Security Project) Student Chapter at Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology. It aims to provide excellence in the field of network and security of web applications and encourage members to be more digitally secure.
- Vice President of Linux User Group at Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology. The aim to spread wide use of LINUX and to connect science and technology to real-world problems by explaining how science relates to problems of societal concern; employ cogent reasoning methods in their assignment problems and issues, and understand the applications of science and technology in societal context.
- Conducted a workshop on ORACLE 10g database 07 June to June 29, 2007.
- Professional Member of ACM: Association of Computing Machinery with Membership ID 6873390.
- Oracle Certified Associate: Oracle 10g Database.
Office Address: Centre of Information and Technology Management, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, (Deemed-To-Be-University) Patiala-147004, Punjab, India.
Present Address: H. No. – 17, Type-III New, Thapar Technology Campus, Patiala- 147004, Punjab India.
Permanent Address: S/o S. Jaspal Singh Vill- Chawa, P.O- Tibri Bridge, Gurdaspur – 143530, Punjab, India