THAPAR INSTITUTE COUNSELLING CELL
Thapar Institute Counselling Cell (TICC) was established in 2016.
Our Counsellors –
Dr. Sonam Dullat, Manager (Student Counsellor)
Ms. Samira Singh, Assistant (Student Counsellor)
- To address the multitude of problems/challenges currently faced by the students (depression, stress, anxiety attacks and so forth).
- To instil faith in the student community with respect to the (TICC) and establish it as a mentor, motivator and guide.
- To serve as an anchor for students ranging from their personal problems to academic concerns and let students know TICC is here for them.
- To position TICC as a vital element in the overall student value chain, along with the Departments/Schools/Centres.
All services offered by TICC are free of cost for all TIET students.
Attending college presents its challenges. Students may have to deal with stresses such as:
- Moving away from home for the first time
- Financial Stress
- Academic Stress
- Physical or Mental illness (e.g., depression, anxiety)
- End of important relationships
- Illness or death of a loved one
Why reach out to us:
Sometimes coping with one or more of these stresses can prove to be overwhelming. TICC recognizes and understand these concerns.
TICC is here to help students through these difficult times.
Simply walk in for a light conversation with our Professional Student Counsellor (Room No.105 & 104, G-Block) or Book an appointment today by filling out the form given below.
- TICC strictly protects the confidentiality of information shared during sessions.
- We are ethically committed to confidentiality. Except if someone is hurting you, you want to hurt someone or you want to hurt yourself (in these scenarios, intervention is must from parents and DOSA).
- This means that even your attendance in counselling is kept private and confidential.
- No record of a student's visit to the TICC is placed on a transcript or academic record.
TICC Mental Health Student Ambassadors:
- Consisting of 1st, 2nd ,3rd year UG and MA Psychology students to help act as a medium between the student community and the professional student counsellor.
- To help TICC with its daily functioning.
- The student ambassadors also conduct the Let’s Talk session.